Sunday, September 30, 2012

Peekaboo

I was in the garden with the camera. I had gone to take photos of the toad lilies that had just started to bloom, at a time when everything else started to die or at least seemed to have stopped growing for the year.
That's when a little voice started talking from the other side of the fence: "Hello." "Zachary, I can't see you. Where are you?" A little hand showed up thru the crack in the fence where a falling tree limb had damaged a plank a couple of months ago.
We were right in the middle of a conversation when it struck me: The light was beautiful and you could just see enough of him to know it was Zack and to know that he really wanted to come over. And I had my camera right there ... what was I waiting for?
Took the picture, and asked him if he wanted to come over to see the flowers ...

No comments: